Version number explanation
From WebLab Wiki
Legends for versions:
- Stable releases have a version in x.y.z where x, y and z are numbers : these projects have been fully tested
- Candidate releases have a version in x.y.z-RCt where x, y, z, t are numbers : these projects must pass more functionality tests
- Snapshot releases have a version in x.y.z-SNAPSHOT where x, y, z are numbers : these projects may not be stable at all and are packaged automatically if tests succeed
Explanation for x.y.z numbers:
- The first number called major will change on important architectural modifications, changing major number imply API, dependencies changes.
- The second number called intermediary will change when refactoring features, API modification, dependancy version change (model weblab, content-manager, ...).
- The last number called minor will change for bug fixes, add new features that do not change previous behaviour.